Radio like you’ve never seen (or heard) before.
Select and save a preset radio station
- Push the power button to turn on the radio.
- Press AM, FM or SAT to select a band.
- Press the TUNE soft key (A).
- Use the knob (B) at the lower right to select a station. To make a selected station a preset station, press and hold any of the six preset station soft keys (C). The new station will appear in the display.
- To select a specific preset station, simply press the appropriate preset station soft keys.
- You can preset up to 24 stations. By repeatedly pressing the PRESETS soft key (D) you will be able to change through additional presets.
Load a CD
- Press the LOAD/EJECT button (E).
- Press any of the six soft keys (F) to select a slot for the CD and then insert the CD. (VISUAL: JETTA SE, _0367_0373, with E, F, & G denoted)
- Press the MEDIA (G) hard key and press CD to listen.
Select and play a CD
- Press the MEDIA hard key to get to the Media selection menu.
- Press the CD soft key at the top of the menu. This will open the CD selection menu.
- If a CD is being played, the CD selection menu is opened when the device is switched on with the function button before the media selection menu is opened.
- Choose a CD by pressing its soft key. Playback starts from the first track when the changer changes to another CD.
How to read the CD selection menu
You’ll see one of the following displays in each of the six CD slots. In these examples, “CD X” represents a particular CD slot, such as “CD 1,” “CD 2,” etc.
- CD X: CD Audio
This CD slot is occupied with an audio CD.
- CD X: Name: Inserted audio CD with CD text.
This slot is occupied with an audio CD. The name of the CD will appear.
- CD X: Data: Inserted audio data CD.
This CD slot is occupied with an audio data CD.
- CD X: Empty
There is no CD in this slot. You may select it and load a CD.
- CD X: No Audio
Your CD changer cannot read the CD that has been inserted into this slot.
Satellite signal interruption
Sometimes things like tall buildings and tunnels can interrupt the satellite signal. This is normal. The signal should return within a few moments as you drive. You can experience a wide variety of stations using your limited, complimentary subscription. Call SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio at 1-888-539-7474 for more information.
- Observe legal regulations.
- Always drive attentively and responsibly.
- Setting the volume too high can damage the hearing. This applies especially to volumes above about 85 decibels.
- Select volume settings so that acoustic signals from the outside are always audible (for example, the sirens of emergency rescue vehicles).
- Please lower the volume before changing or connecting to an audio source.
- Unmounted or improperly mounted external devices can be thrown through the passenger compartment in the event of a sudden driving or braking maneuver or a collision, causing injury.
- Never leave external devices in the doors, on the front windshield, on or near the area marked “AIRBAG” on the steering wheel, instrument panel, seatbacks, or between these areas and the occupants. External devices can cause serious injury in the event of a collision, especially if the airbags inflate.
- Connecting cables of external devices may obstruct the driver. Route cables so as not to interfere with the driver.
- Always keep the armrest closed while driving. The armrest can affect the elbow room of the driver and thus cause collisions and severe injuries.
- Have the CD player repaired only by a specialist. Injuries can be caused by invisible laser beams if the housing of the CD player is opened.