Help keep a constant climate.
Set the cabin temperature
- Push the AUTO button (A).
- Turn the left-side temperature dial to the preferred temperature.
Cool the interior
- Set the temperature dial between 64 and 68 degrees. The recirculation and A/C activate automatically.
Heat the interior
- Set the temperature dial between 76 and 80 degrees.
Keep the car warm using the “rest” function
- Turn off the engine.
- Push the REST button (B). It uses the engine’s heat to keep the interior warm for up to another 30 minutes.
Cool the interior quickly
- Rotate the temperature dial all the way to the left so the screen displays LO. Don’t be concerned that the fan is loud; it is doing its job to help create a comfortable environment as quickly as possible.
Heat the interior quickly
- Rotate the temperature dial all the way to the right so the screen displays HI. Don’t be concerned that the fan is loud; it is doing its job to help create a comfortable environment as quickly as possible.
Heat or cool the interior quickly with the optional touchscreen
- Push the CLIMATE hard key (C).
- Press the AUTO soft key (D) in the touchscreen until all the fans in the display on the touchscreen are highlighted.
Defrost the windshield
- Press the defrost button (E) located between the temperature dials.
- The A/C function comes on automatically to dry the air.
- When the windshield is clear, press the AUTO button again.
Poor visibility increases the risk of collisions and other accidents that cause serious personal injuries.
- Always make sure all windows are clear of ice, snow and condensation for good visibility to the front, sides, and rear.
- Maximum heating output and fast defrosting will only be possible after the engine has reached operating temperature. Wait until you have good visibility before driving off.
- Always make sure you know how to properly use the heating and ventilation systems as well as the rear window defogger that you will need for good visibility.
- Never use air recirculation for long periods of time. When the air conditioner is off and recirculation mode is on, condensation can quickly form on the windows and greatly reduce visibility.
- Always switch off recirculation mode when it is not needed.
Stale air causes driver fatigue and reduces driver alertness, which can cause accidents, collisions and serious personal injury.
Never switch off the fan for a long period of time and never use air recirculation a long period of time because no fresh air will come into the passenger compartment.