Optional RNS 315 Navigation
Enter a destination
- Press the NAV hard key.
- Tap the flag icon on the touchscreen. This will allow you to enter the address. Enter the state first, then the city, the street, and the number.
- Not sure about the number of the address you’re looking for? You can just enter the state, the city, and the street. Then press List soft key to display the street.
- Confirm the address. If the address is correct, press the back button to return to the address entry screen.
- Press the START key to begin your route.
- The map to your destination will then be shown on the touchscreen.
NOTE: You can turn the control knob to zoom in and out of the map.
Change the route settings
- Within the Navigation screen, press the SETUP hard key.
- Choose ROUTE OPTIONS.
- Choose ROUTE CRITERIA.
- Now you can change from the Fast default to Economic or Short.
Update maps annually
To order map updates, visit your Volkswagen dealer or navigation.com/vw.
Operating the radio navigation system while driving can distract your attention from traffic and lead to collisions.
- Observe legal regulations.
- Always drive attentively and responsibly.
- Setting the volume too high can damage the hearing. This applies especially to volumes above around 85 decibels.
- Select volume settings so that acoustic signals from the outside are audible (for example, the sirens of emergency rescue vehicles).
- Inserting data media while driving can distract your attention from traffic and lead to collisions. Always keep the storage compartment closed while driving.
This website is not a substitute for the Owner’s Manual. The Owner’s Manual contains detailed information about all your vehicle’s features plus important warnings about vehicle and passenger safety. Please read it carefully.