Climatronic® Heating & Cooling
The Climatronic system works automatically to heat or cool the car’s cabin and regulate the fan speed as needed.
To cool or heat the interior
- Turn the left dial to the left to 72F.
- Press the AUTO button. Like a thermostat, the system will maintain the temperature.
Program the fan speed for the AUTO setting
- Press the CLIMATE hard key.
- Tap the AUTO soft key repeatedly to select from a low, medium, or high fan speed.
Defrost the windshield
- Press the defrost button next to the left termperature dial.
- The AC function comes on automatically to dry the air.
- When the windshield is clear, push the AUTO button.
Apply the driver’s climate settings to the entire cabin
- Select your preferred temperature with the left temperature dial. Adjust the fan speed and vents if necessary.
- Press the SYNC hard key. The light in the hard key will go on. Now the driver’s settings will be applied to the cabin’s four climate zones.
Keep the car warm using the “rest” function
- Turn off the engine.
- Push the REST button. It uses the engine’s heat to keep the interior warm for up to another 30 minutes.
Poor visibility increases the risk of collisions and other accidents that cause serious personal injuries.
- Always make sure all windows are clear of ice, snow, and condensation for good visibility to the front, sides, and rear.
- Maximum heating output and defrosting performance are not possible until the engine has reached operating temperature. Wait until you have good visibility before driving off.
- Always make sure you know how to properly use the heating and ventilation systems as well as the rear window defogger that you will need for good visibility.
- Never use air recirculation for long periods of time. When the air conditioner is off and recirculation mode is on, condensation can quickly form on the windows and greatly reduce visibility.
- Always switch off recirculation mode when it is not needed.
- Never switch off the fan for a long period of time and never use air recirculation for a long period of time because no fresh air will enter the passenger compartment.
This website is not a substitute for the Owner’s Manual. The Owner’s Manual contains detailed information about all your vehicle’s features plus important warnings about vehicle and passenger safety. Please read it carefully.